Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How to Use Philosophy as a Personal Operating System: From Seneca to Musashi



How to Use Philosophy as a Personal Operating System: From Seneca to Musashi

I just got back from the Bay Area after doing a talk on Overcoming Negativity and the 3 Habits of Super Achievers. It was amazing to see people Wake Up to the idea that their "beliefs" and their speech is creating their circumstance. The next day I was at a Giant's game bending the rules and sitting in the "Club" section, and it was on a Sunday. I mention that it was on Sunday because many of my Rat Race friends wouldn't go with me because their J.O.B required them to be at work the next day at 9am. I stopped doing anything on Monday's just to protest what everyone else finds normal.

I really like the section above where Tim "danced" around the College topic. It was a very diplomatic response I must say, especially coming from Tim. In the spirit of #GraduationWeek I have been posting some fun facts on my Facebook page to see what some people's perspective's are on the topic. Its amazing, I really think some people are awaking to the idea that just getting a degree does not mean you are going to have a wonderful life. I hope we can get more young people to start doing Tim's Dream lining and stop just accepting advise from the previous "broke" generation. You ask college grads why they went to college and most answer because there parents would have "killed" them if they didn't go and get good grades. Go get that degree!! Maybe we should start an after school high school program that teaches Kids ROI (return on investment). At least then they could make an educated decision on weather or not to spend the next 4-6 years occurring debt. To lean lessons that will be obsolete by the time the graduate.

Even though Tim's book is a few years old it is way ahead of what college kids are learning in "Marketing" & "Business" Classes in our State schools. One of my old wakeboarding school students had me look over a final paper he was going to turn in as a senior project, and after reading two pages I told him to go down to the registers office and as for a FOUR YEAR REFUND!!!

One of the most important things you can do is described above by Tim. Pick your mentors and pick your friends because you will always be an average of the 5 people you spend the most time with in your life. That's why I am now hear on Tim's Blog, to meet others who want to live the life of their dreams, and who want to help others realize the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember we always want to share ideas and perspectives, and always want to be respectful of others. Anyone found not respecting others will have me go NINJA on them!!