Friday, September 27, 2013

Just Like You

Over the past year I have noticed that everyone wants you to be just like them just not quite as cool or good or talented as them.  I think its funny but I understand the internal battle we all experience to put ourselves out there when we know we are not quite the best in the group.  Its easy to be the best in your pier group, but not so easy to push yourself and get outside your comfort zone and surround yourself with people who push your limits.  I know I feel exposed, both emotionally and physically whenever I put myself in these type of situations.  The interesting thing about all of this is most people are always projecting their insecurities on you.  Maybe its always less about me and more about them.  Time will either promote your or expose you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember we always want to share ideas and perspectives, and always want to be respectful of others. Anyone found not respecting others will have me go NINJA on them!!